Project & GroupTeaming Effectiveness
We utilize a series of team dynamic, problem-solving and process-improvement techniques, and tools to ensure that teams achieve the purpose for which they were established.
Common Questions on Teaming Effectiveness
- How can we improve our team's performance?
- How can we move past internal conflicts?
- How can we get everyone to be an active participant?
- How can we move past discussions about the same issues?
- How can we increase our productivity?
- How can we stop the same people from dominating every meeting?
Successful organizations are nourished by teamwork, yet getting people to work together both effectively and with passion towards a common goal is often quite difficult.
Strong communication skills, conflict resolution competence, trust, and accountability are key elements of an effective team. Also important is a high degree of self-awareness, as well as an acknowledgement of the contribution and strengths of each member of the team.
Team development programs help team members better understand each other, agree on ways to work more effectively together, and optimize their collective strengths to propel them to their full potential.
To better assess the effectiveness of the team and team leader, we initially focus on understanding team goals and individual challenges, motivations, strengths and weaknesses.
Soarington then works with team members individually and with the team as a whole to identify the competencies needed to build a well-functioning and cohesive team.
Coaching and Education
From there, our coaches will provide learning simulations and activities for building team competencies, as well as provide one-on-one coaching.
“I had the great pleasure of working with Trevor after we engaged Soarington via SAP, to provide organizational effectiveness services in support of our SAP Hybris implementation. As the VP of Engineering, I needed Soarington to navigate a highly political environment to achieve complicated OCM objectives. The consultants exceeded my expectations. They were experienced, easy to work with, and clearly dedicated to our success. Because of their strong performance, we extended them multiple times to focus on other initiatives. I would recommend Soarington with no hesitation.”
Rodan + Fields
How We Do It
Conduct Team Assessments
Our consultants leverage a range of interviewing tools such as surveys, one-on-one interviews, and focus groups to identify the skills and behaviors within your team that need to be developed or changed to become a high-functioning team.
Solutions for both immediate and longer term improvement will be included in the team improvement plan.
Facilitate Individual and Team Exercises
These exercises will be designed to maximize individual contributions as well as build team synergies and cohesiveness.
Provide One-on-One Coaching
Coaching will be provided for team leaders and team members as appropriate.
Facilitate Strategic Visioning and Planning Sessions
These sessions will be focused on helping teams define and align on their vision, strategy, and goals.
Educational sessions typically include the following areas of learning:
- Capitalize on strengths and minimize limitations of team members
- Develop and achieve consensus on the team’s guiding principles
- Develop strategies for working through conflict and building trust
- Draw out creativity, innovation, and ideas in a collaborative way
- Improve communication among team members
- Learn problem solving and process improvement techniques and tools
- Learn strategies for gaining consensus on goals and objectives
- Understand the role of planning in team success
- Value and appreciate team member differences and contributions