We utilize a series of team dynamic, problem-solving and process-improvement techniques, and tools to ensure that teams achieve the purpose for which they were established.
Questions we help answer
- How can we improve our team’s performance?
- How can we move past internal conflicts?
- How can we get everyone to be an active participant?
- How can we move past discussions about the same issues?
- How can we increase our productivity?
- How can we stop the same people from dominating every meeting?
Successful organizations are nourished by teamwork, yet getting people to work together both effectively and with passion towards a common goal is often quite difficult.
Strong communication skills, conflict resolution competence, trust, and accountability are key elements of an effective team. Also important is a high degree of self-awareness, as well as an acknowledgement of the contribution and strengths of each member of the team.
Team development programs help team members better understand each other, agree on ways to work more effectively together, and optimize their collective strengths to propel them to their full potential.
- Soarington works with team members individually, and with the team as a whole to develop the competencies needed to build a fully functioning and cohesive team.
- To better assess the effectiveness of the team and team leader, we initially focus on understanding team goals and individual challenges, motivations, strengths and weaknesses.
- From there, our coaches will provide learning simulations and activities for building team competencies, as well as provide one-on-one coaching.
More specifically, we:
- Conduct team assessments to determine what skills and behaviors need to be developed or changed in order to become a high-functioning team
- Develop solutions for immediate improvement and design a longer term improvement plan
- Facilitate individual and team exercises designed to maximize individual contributions, as well as build team synergies and cohesiveness
- Provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring for team leader and team members
- Facilitate strategic visioning and planning sessions to help teams define and align their vision, strategy and goals
Educational sessions typically include the following areas of learning:
- Capitalize on strengths and minimize limitations of team members
- Develop and achieve consensus on the team’s guiding principles
- Develop strategies for working through conflict and building trust
- Draw out creativity, innovation, and ideas in a collaborative way
- Improve communication among team members
- Learn problem solving and process improvement techniques and tools
- Learn strategies for gaining consensus on goals and objectives
- Understand the role of planning in team success
- Value and appreciate team member differences and contributions